While the CCPD believes in fostering an inclusive environment that supports the career needs of all Kalamazoo College students, we also are committed to uplifting equity in career development practices for historically underserved students. The links below provide specific resources based on gender, race, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation, and citizenship.
We recognize that there is intersectionality in our identities and encourage you to explore the information on all pages relevant to your background. We also encourage you to meet with a member of the CCPD team for further discussion about the relationship between your identity and career development.
These resources are meant to supplement the valuable information about job/internship searching and exploring careers that can be found on other pages of our website. If there is a valuable resource that you do not see listed, please share it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Catapult Leaders’ mission is to get talented Black college & grad students the very best jobs that match their interests, skills, preparation, and potential — with the needs of top companies.
- IM Diversity – articles and blog posts for diverse populations, as well as unique “Diversity Villages” for different identities.
- Top 50 Companies for Diversity – the list of the Top 50 companies in the country for diversity; articles on career advice and other resources.
- Black Career Network – links job seekers and employers who are serious about building a diverse workforce.
- Mogul Millennial, a resource created to boss up Black Millennial leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Asian Career Network – provides the Asian-American community with a trusted professional network, linking members with employers who want to build a diverse workforce.
- IHispano – As one of seven culturally distinct websites in The Professional Diversity Network, iHispano provides a professional network for Latinos that is far more engaging and welcoming than a typical job board.
- Fermilab National Accelerator Laboratory – Summer Internships in Science and Technology – SIST
- GreaterDiversity.com – News articles, job search resources, and job search tools and tips.
- Hispanic Alliance for Career Development – Organization with a mission to positively impact the American workplace by cultivating the pipeline of Latino talent and providing Latino professionals the insight, access, and support to be successful in their careers.
- INROADS, INC. – a non-profit organization that creates pathways to careers for ethnically diverse high school and college students across the country. We position our graduates to advance in their careers and we help employers foster diverse and inclusive workplaces.
- Saludos Hispanos – Career Resources for individuals who are bilingual and of Latino background. Sponsored by Saludos Magazine.
- Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO) – “Early action period” from October 15 – January 15, with the final deadline of February 15 for summer internships.
- Student Conservation Association – Urban and Diversity Program is for populations that traditionally have not explored the many vital and rewarding positions offered in the conservation field.
- Workplace Diversity – Employer profiles, career resources, and a searchable jobs database.
- Out & Equal Workplace Advocates This organization provides information about equal policies, opportunities, and practices.
- Out Professionals A gay and lesbian non-profit network which organizes events and helps facilitate networking.
- NACE’s List of LGBT Resources Members of the NACE Community shared a list of resources that they find helpful and valuable in working with LGBTQ+ college students, job candidates, and employees.
- Gay, Lesbian, Straight Education Network – GLSEN has great resources for those GLBT individuals who are interested in education.
- OUT for Work – OUT for Work has worked with thousands of students to educate, prepare and empower them with a toolbox of knowledge to assist in a successful transition from academia into the workplace.
- Pride At Work – News articles and commentary for the gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual labor force.
- https://www.transtechsocial.org/ is a co-learning and co-working community created to empower, educate, and employ the LGBTQ+ community through accessible education programs, inclusive events, and equitable employment opportunities that teach practical career-ready skills.
- Trans Can Work – 800-strong network on transgender workplace diversity for HR managers, diversity professionals, lawyers, transgender employees and allies.
Students with disabilities
- Workers with Disabilities & The ADA – Your rights when looking for a job and getting reasonable accommodation under the ADA.
- Federal Employment of People with Disabilities – Our nation’s government is at the forefront in workplace accommodation and offers a wide range of career options. You can also search for Federal Government jobs through the USAJOBS site, operated by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management.
- Employment With a Disability Resource Guide – If you’re a person living with a disability, questions may come up that another job seeker may not have to answer. This guide has that information and more.
- Top 25 Cities for Workers With Disabilities – To understand where people with disabilities are more likely to be welcomed and supported in the labor market, MoneyGeek analyzed key measures of workforce participation, poverty and access to crucial services such as transportation and health care in 218 American cities.
- GettingHired.com – “Careers and community for talented people with disabilities.”
- abilityJOBS – Their goal is to enable people with disabilities to enhance their professional lives by providing a dedicated system for finding employment.
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN) – A free consulting service designed to increase employability of people with disabilities.
- National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability – Providing information particularly geared toward youth transitioning into the workforce, this site has a variety of helpful resources.
- National Organization on Disability – An excellent collection of links can be found for job assistance and recruitment agencies, interview tips, resume help, success stories, and more.
- Project HIRED – Assists individuals with disabilities to gain and sustain employment, in partnership with business and the community.
- College & Career Guide for Students with Disabilities
- In Her Sight – “With company reviews designed to reflect what women want to know about employers, we’re helping women find the companies and jobs where they will thrive.”
If you have any questions/concerns/feedback for us, please email us at email@example.com or fill out this form to send feedback anonymously.