Hornet Huddles are 1:1 (or small group) meetings between Kalamazoo College alumni and students via Zoom. We tell students: A 20-minute meeting with a K alum in your field of interest could change your life. Or… if it doesn’t “change your life”, it can at least give you some solid direction/advice!
Students – to sign up for the upcoming Spring 2023 Hornet Huddles (held on Wednesday, April 19), please visit Handshake. Click on Career Center, Appointments, Schedule New Appointment, Hornet Huddle Appointments w/Alumni 4/19/23, and then choose an alum of interest. All available timeslots will show up. If you are interested in an alum that is participating this term and no longer has appointment types available, please contact email@example.com for waitlist/cancelations.
Here are the alumni we have participating this year:
- Sarah Allis ‘13 – Research Investigator, WA Department of Social and Health Services
- Abby Anderson ‘15 – Senior Finance Director, Levy Restaurants
- Dion Bullock ‘12 – DEIB Leader and Strategist, Coach for underrepresented professionals. Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Chime. Entrepreneur.
- Kelly Cameron ‘05 – Scientific Director, Ashfield MedComms
- Steven Croop ‘11 – Customer Engineer, Google
- Andrew Feely ‘16 – Video Producer, Kansas City Chiefs
- Jacob Gallimore ‘15 – Enterprise Account Executive, dscout
- James Goodwin ‘04 – Senior Policy Analyst, Center for Progressive Reform
- Emily Hanneman ‘05 – Therapist and Owner, Private Therapy Practice
- Kelsey Hassevort ‘12 – Managing Director, McAllister & Quinn
- Mariah Hennen ‘11 – Farmworker Project Program Manager, Legal Action of Wisconsin
- Gillian Hooker ‘00 – Chief Scientific Officer, Concert Genetics
- Amanda Johnson ‘17 – Vice President – Trading, Waterfall Asset Management
- Carla Kupe ‘02, Managing Partner, CZL P.C.
- Alyxe Lett ‘17 – Program Planer, Sacramento County
- Mallika Mitra ‘15 – Editor, Money.com (Money Magazine)
- Amanda Moss ‘19 – Strategy Manager, Detroit Lions
- Kami Simmons ‘17, On-camera host, community founder, actress, content producer and entrepreneur. First Class Crew and Hits 92.3
- Octavia Smith ‘18 – Application Development Senior Analyst, Accenture
- Andrew Terranella ‘99 – Medical Epidemiologist, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and prevention
- Lauren Torres ‘10 – Brewing Manager, Bell’s Brewery
- Greg Vasilion ‘16 – Developer, Invenergy
- Raoul Wadhwa ‘17 – (M.D.) Consultant, McKinsey and Company
- Jason Wright ‘01 – Partner, Jones Day
Alumni interested in participating in future events may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See what previous Hornet Huddle student participants have to say about Hornet Huddles:
- “I enjoyed being able to talk one-on-one with these alumni and make these connections, as well as talking with people who are passionate about what they’re doing and can give honest answers.”
- “It gave me an opportunity to talk to people in the workforce and get a gauge for what’s out there.”
- “Alumni really cared and made themselves available, didn’t want to just talk about themselves with no context of who they were talking to.”
- “I gained invaluable insight about where I can go with my major!”