Kalamazoo College CCPD now partners with Forage, a free and open-access online library of employer-designed job simulations. Develop your skills and gain a real understanding of different roles and sectors by working through self-paced modules, tackling tasks that mirror what you’d do if you were a real employee. These Virtual Experience Programs (created by companies like JPMorgan Chase, Citi, Accenture, BCG and Deloitte) let you try out ‘life-like’ tasks that provide a better understanding of what it’s like to have a “real job”. You can complete the programs without having to submit an application or go through an interview.
Who are these opportunities for?
- Truly ANYONE. No prior experience is necessary. Maybe you want to know more about the role of Data Analytics, Human Resources, Strategic Consulting? Maybe you want to apply to an internship or a job but lack relevant experience?
How do I apply?
- You don’t! You just sign up, start exploring, and perhaps complete one or more job simulations. You control whether or not the employer sees your work. The platform is designed to have no barriers to entry.
How does it work?
- Each individual program is created by a participating top global company. Once you register and choose your program of interest, you will be briefed online and will complete and submit all tasks virtually.
- During the program, you will work through a set of materials and tasks set by the company, which are designed to replicate the sort of work that you would undertake as an intern or graduate. All of our programs are self-paced (taking between 5 to 6 hours to complete) ensuring that you can fit your participation flexibly around other commitments.
- By completing programs, you will build the skills that demonstrate career competencies that employers looking for, develop your confidence and improve your practical skills.
What is included?
- Video instructions and materials created by employees within your chosen organization
- Work that reflects real day-to-day tasks of interns and graduates
- The chance to compare your work with that of a graduate at your chosen organization
How long does it take?
- Typically, each program takes 5 – 6 hours to complete. You can go at your own pace – any time, any place!
What are the benefits?
- Sample what work is like at leading companies
- Discover career paths that you may not have previously considered
- Build confidence and gain skills to get you ‘work-ready’
- Some companies provide exclusive opportunities (like online networking events, competitions, and prioritized internship applications) to students who complete their Virtual Experience Program.
- Students who complete a company’s virtual experience are found to be 4x more likely to land the job than the average applicant.
Can I add this experience to my resume?
- Yes! You will receive a personalized Certificate of Completion after completion of each Virtual Experience Program and can include each Program on your resume and Linkedin profile to showcase your new skills. Each company that has created job simulation(s) in Forage has shown how you can share your simulation work with their organization on your resume. When you go on to apply for an internship or full-time role, your virtual experience is a fantastic way to stand out.