Students of Color
- IM Diversity – articles and blog posts for diverse populations, as well as unique “Diversity Villages” for different identities.
- Top 50 Companies for Diversity – the list of the Top 50 companies in the country for diversity; articles on career advice and other resources.
- Black Career Network – links job seekers and employers who are serious about building a diverse workforce.
- Asian Career Network – provides the Asian-American community with a trusted professional network, linking members with employers who want to build a diverse workforce.
- IHispano – As one of seven culturally distinct websites in The Professional Diversity Network, iHispano provides a professional network for Latinos that is far more engaging and welcoming than a typical job board.
- Black Voices.com – Career Center – This Huffington Post site includes career profiles and advice.
- Diversity Search -Career links and job postings geared toward persons of color.
- Fermilab National Accelerator Laboratory – Summer Internships in Science and Technology – SIST
- GreaterDiversity.com – News articles, job search resources, and job search tools and tips.
- Hispanic Alliance for Career Development – Organization with a mission to positively impact the American workplace by cultivating the pipeline of Latino talent and providing Latino professionals the insight, access, and support to be successful in their careers.
- INROADS, INC.
- Minority Access, Inc – (click “Programs” then “Minority Access Internship Program”). Headquartered in MD, heavily geared toward the federal government and DC, but other opportunities are available. Round-trip travel is usually included with the internships; housing assistance is available.
- National Park Service – Cultural Resources Diversity Initiative: Internships
- NCAA Postgraduate Internship Program – Paid, twelve-month positions for individuals interested in the administration of intercollegiate athletics.
- Saludos Hispanos – Career Resources for individuals who are bilingual and of Latino background. Sponsored by Saludos Magazine.
- Smithsonian Institute – Office of Fellowships Internships, Minority Internships – Feb. 1 deadline for summer.
- Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO) – “Early action period” from October 15 – January 15, with the final deadline of February 15 for summer internships.
- Student Conservation Association – Urban and Diversity Program is for populations that traditionally have not explored the many vital and rewarding positions offered in the conservation field.
- The Black Collegian Online – The career site for students and professionals of color. This site is the on-line version of the magazine of the same name. Job listings and resume postings are available.
- Workplace Diversity – Employer profiles, career resources, and a searchable jobs database.
- Pro Gay Jobs Online source for finding employment with companies that embrace diversity inclusive of the gay and lesbian community.
- Out & Equal Workplace Advocates This organization provides information about equal policies, opportunities, and practices.
- Out Professionals A gay and lesbian non-profit network which organizes events and helps facilitate networking.
- NACE’s List of LGBT Resources Members of the NACE Community shared a list of resources that they find helpful and valuable in working with LGBTQ+ college students, job candidates, and employees.
- Gay, Lesbian, Straight Education Network – GLSEN has great resources for those GLBT individuals who are interested in education.
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force – Employment opportunities at this organization dedicated to equality for the GLBT community. They also offer internships.
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals – Supporting those in the scientific and technical fields, this organization seeks to improve employment and professional environments and provide education on relevant topics.
- OUT for Work – OUT for Work has worked with thousands of students to educate, prepare and empower them with a toolbox of knowledge to assist in a successful transition from academia into the workplace.
- Pride At Work – News articles and commentary for the gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual labor force.
- Transgender Law and Policy Institute – The TLPI brings experts and advocates together to work on law and policy initiatives designed to advance transgender equality.
- Transgender Workplace Diversity Network – 800-strong network on transgender workplace diversity for HR managers, diversity professionals, lawyers, transgender employees and allies.
General Resources for International Students from the CIP
Students with disabilities
- Employment Resources for the Disabled – Part of the Riley Guide, this site has a great collection of career links, some addressing specific disabilities, such as visual impairment.
- Federal Employment of People with Disabilities – Our nation’s government is at the forefront in workplace accommodation and offers a wide range of career options. You can also search for Federal Government jobs through the USAJOBS site, operated by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management.
- GettingHired.com – “Careers and community for talented people with disabilities.”
- JobAccess – Their goal is to enable people with disabilities to enhance their professional lives by providing a dedicated system for finding employment.
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN) – A free consulting service designed to increase employability of people with disabilities.
- National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability – Providing information particularly geared toward youth transitioning into the workforce, this site has a variety of helpful resources.
- National Organization on Disability – An excellent collection of links can be found for job assistance and recruitment agencies, interview tips, resume help, success stories, and more.
- Project HIRED – Assists individuals with disabilities to gain and sustain employment, in partnership with business and the community.