Students interested in applying for an extended multi-day K-Trek will be asked to apply through Handshake, submitting a resume and cover letter that typically includes the following:
- A brief introduction: who you are and why you should be selected for this experience.
- A middle section that addresses the following questions:
- What do you hope to gain from this experience?
- What experiences have you had to date that have prepared you to be an engaged participant in this experience?
- What are your career plans and how might they be shaped by this experience?
- A closing that reconfirms your interest and includes the name of at least one Kalamazoo College professor who would confirm the merits of your candidacy.
Students also may be asked to complete a brief survey about their experiences with and/or interests in the destination city or company, as well as what ideas they have for sharing what they have learned on the K-Trek with the campus community, if they are selected as a participant.