The CCPD’s occasional “Passions to Professions” (P2P) series features local and visiting professionals who share details of their career paths with interested students in an informal setting. These small-group gatherings offer students a chance to connect with professionals over a casual meal and to ask career-related questions such as:
- “How do I get from K to where you are?”
- “What does ‘more in a lifetime’ mean to you?”
- “What do you know now that you wish you knew when you were a student?”
- “What was your ‘first destination’ after graduation?”
- “How do you achieve work/life balance in your chosen career?”
- “How has your background impacted your career choices and trajectory?”
- “What is most meaningful to you about your work?”
- “(If you studied abroad) How did your study abroad experience impact your career path?”
- “Did you have a career mentor or guide while you were a student?”
- “What have you learned from failing at something?”
- “How may students connect with you?”
Passions to Professions lunches occur in the Hicks Center cafeteria (usually in the Stone Room) throughout the year and are open to all in the K community. Meal tickets are provided for those without meal plans.
P2Ps are listed on the CCPD Event Calendar.
To suggest a P2P speaker, email the CCPD.